Purdue is a land-grant university with a mission to serve the state via its amazing programs, tools and talent. Sometimes the challenge is knowing how to serve those needs. The WomenIN program allows Purdue to provide support to women in entrepreneurship based upon their expressed needs.
WomenIN is aimed at helping women and women-led teams in Indiana launch their idea in STEM or technology into a startup. We help women of any background and education level. Women transitioning from the workforce, stay-at-home jobs or entering the workforce are welcome!
Programs & Resources
WomenIN provides a variety of resources to women entrepreneurs in the technology and scalable business space.
- Access to the Foundry’s Ideation workshops which help entrepreneurs evaluate the commercial value of an idea, build their first business model, provide a lead into customer discovery and more
- Access to Foundry Entrepreneurs-in-Residence who provide guidance and feedback through the entrepreneurship process
- An open invitation to attend educational workshops which covers topics each hub location expresses as a need.
- An open invitation to attend networking and social events, allowing for industry connections, community support and ecosystem growth
- An invite to the End-of-Year Celebration which will share the progress of ideas and information on entrepreneurs who have taken the next steps in becoming a thriving business
- Guidance from hub ambassadors on accessing local resources and WomenIN partnership resources
- Guidance from the Purdue Foundry on accessing Purdue resources
- Access to an Elevate Ventures funding liaison
- Access to high potential, unlicensed Purdue IP
- Marketing exposure for business news and achievements via Purdue Marketing & Media
- and much more
WomenIN has an online community of over 500 members where women and supporters from around the state can connect and collaborate. Members are invited to host events, ask Join us at facebook.com/groups/purduewomenin.